6 questions to ask before choosing the right seo agency for your business
Google owns more than 92% of the market share in the search engine market and hence, being highly visible as a trusted resource by Google along with other search engines who own the remaining 8% is always going to work in your brand’s favor. You can achieve this with high-Quality SEO and a seamless website. Thus, there is no doubt that a qualified SEO agency is paramount for the growth of your company.ṣ
Snake oil salesmen. Scam artists. Outdated, ineffective tactics. I’m sure you don’t want either of these to associate with your business. Hence, the six questions that you need to ask yourself when choosing the right SEO Agency for your business is:
1. Does it promise a good experience for your clients?
Every business wants better organic rankings and maximum visibility. Few realize that optimal user experience is a big part of getting there. Infact, Google has learned how to interpret a favorable or unfavorable user experience, and a positive user experience has become a pivotal element to a website’s success.
Customers today know what they want and they want it in just a few clicks. A good SEO will work towards that and incorporate a positive user experience, leveraging it to work in a brand’s favor.
2. What is the reach you want for your website?
It is very important for a business to know the audience it wants to reach and the vicinity that will optimize its goals. Small and medium businesses like to use local search to target audiences.
Agencies that optimize in Local SEO can be the best for you if you have a local business, like a shop or a restaurant. Local SEO aims at optimizing your digital properties for a specific vicinity, so people can find you quickly and easily, putting them one step closer to a transaction.
3. How do they approach SEO to deliver results?
The three major facets of SEO are – Technical SEO, User Experience (UX), and Off-Page SEO. Most agencies either provide just one of the facets or are able to do all the research without being able to implement any of them.
Hence, always look for an agency that will evaluate all three facets and have a clear strategy to balance them.
4. How will you adapt that strategy according to your business?
It is not a one size fits all solution in the case of SEO. Your agency should be aware of it and must be able to customize the approach in a manner that will suit your business and optimize it. The agency should be able to mold itself according to your success metrics and drive traffic accordingly.
A local business that wants an audience in a smaller vicinity will have to hire a different agency than a global business that is targeting overseas clients.
5. What is the time duration of seeing effective results?
No SEO agency can ever answer about the turnaround time as many factors cumulatively define your success. If your agency is promising you page one rankings quickly, they may be using black hat techniques.
However, they should be able to give you a broad timeframe within which you can expect results. According to a research, in most SEO Company Melbourne, on average, it takes about 6-8 months to see effective results.
6. Have they worked with a business like yours before?
As previously mentioned, General SEO techniques cannot fit all business needs, and hence it’s always a plus point to have an agency that has previously worked with a business like yours. One of the best ways to know if an SEO agency can handle your project is if they’ve already achieved returns in the same niche.
If they have, they’ll know what it takes to generate results and should be able to explain the strategy they used. But if they haven’t, it shouldn’t immediately disqualify them as a lead, because what you’re really trying to learn through this question is how well your business is a fit with their agency.
For example, if your business is huge, then an agency that has worked only with small and local businesses before may find it difficult to devise strategies for a business of your spectrum.
So, these were the six questions that you must ask all the SEO agencies that you have shortlisted. Remember, your online presence is as important as your physical presence… you definitely don’t want to risk it in the wrong hands!