Why You Should Learn UX Writing in 2022
What makes a website attractive? The answer, among other things, lies in its content. If you want it to be interesting, useful, and approachable to users so that they want to learn more about you and your product or service, don’t hesitate to study UX Writing. Today we’re going to tell you what it is and why it’s important to know how to use it and why it’s necessary.
What is UX Writing?
Texts written on a website need to be appealing to users. To do this, you need to use a number of strategies to help you reach readers more easily. This simple and straightforward way of writing texts is known as UX Writing. In this way, the user will be able to interact with the platform in a more natural way, accessing content that really interests them.
In this sense, the UX Writer will be the professional responsible for carrying it out. If you have a background as a persuasive essay writer, that will only be a big plus. Before writing content, he should know and analyze the whole process and steps that the user goes through when entering the site so that he can interpret his behavior and feelings.
This analysis and evaluation will allow you to get to know your users better and therefore write texts that will be much more interesting to them. The UX Writer’s role is to make customers or potential customers the center of their narrative.
Why is it important to study UX Writing?
UX Writing is an important skill when it comes to capturing a user’s attention and making them feel comfortable with the site they are viewing. Texts that should be written with UX Writing in mind put the user as the protagonist because s/he wants to feel listened to and included.
On the other hand, content that is not written according to good UX Writing principles can create several problems for the site, for example, users will quickly leave the site after they visit it. What could cause them to flee in terror? There can be many reasons, but some of them have to do with unattractive content:
- Communication is not good, and they don’t understand each other
- Overly technical or specific terms are used, making it difficult to understand
- The information they find doesn’t match what they’re looking for
For this reason, having a UX copywriter is a definite value to a company because the text is one of the most important parts of a website. These professionals know how to create content that is user-centered in a simple and specific way, always well-crafted to meet the reader’s needs.
What good UX Copywriting looks like?
As we’ve noted before, UX Writing puts the user and their needs first. Thus, to more easily reach them and succeed with your content, a good copywriter needs to follow some basic guidelines:
- The writer should always put themselves in the user’s shoes, that is, empathize with them to offer them the answers they are looking for.
- Very clear language should be used so that it can be understood by any user.
- The text must be effective and concise. It is supposed to provide value to the customer.
- Even though the user is at the center of this type of writing, you must not forget that brand values must always be present.
- The writing should humanize the company or brand and bring them closer to the users to establish a closer relationship between them.
- The text should consist of short paragraphs accompanied by images that make it easy to read.
- Direct language should be used concerning the user.
What do you think of this approach to content writing? A UX Writer job can open many doors and help you improve your online business by incorporating good texts that add value to your site.